We are currently hiring a Production Supervisor for our Wyoming, MI location.
Supervise the Production Department, ensuring that production and quality standards are maintained. Ensure that employees are properly trained and to receive regular job performance feedback, while upholding the company's values and working safely.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIRED:
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Supervisory experience in Manufacturing preferred
- Molding experience
- Plastics experience is a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills required
- Mathematical aptitude required
- Supervisory skills required
- Decision making Skills required
- Knowledge of scheduling and inventory systems
- Knowledge of injection and blow molding and/or plastics preferred
- Lean manufacturing and 5S experience required
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 preferred
QUALITY AND PRODUCTION:
- Responsible to ensure all molded and finished production meets established quality control specifications
- Actively participate in the daily production meetings
- Ensure employees perform efficiently and effectively so that production and quality standards are maintained
- Checking throughout the shifts that the set-up time, repair downtime, and machine cycle times are up to standards
- Ensure that there are no quality or production interruptions or errors due to lack of giving or seeking information
- Fully informing the Operations Manager and the General Manager when necessary of all events affecting the department
- Reviewing the shift production report daily
- Discussing and advising the Production Manager of the daily production requirements and relay any special instructions to them
- Participate in the hiring of personnel for shifts
- Informing employees of company policies, practices, and procedures
- Provide regular feedback on the employee's job performance
- Being receptive to employee problems when they arise and to seek and provide a prompt response and resolution
ABC Group...from concept to finished product!
We cover every facet of the plastics processing technologies, systems, and components for the global automotive industry, fluid management, flexible products, interior and exterior systems and air induction systems. Ranked as one of the top industrial automotive blow-molders in North America, our manufacturing processes include blow and injection molding, thermoforming, sheet extrusion, interior and exterior painting and material compounding. We provide comprehensive support and services, from advanced research and development to overall project management.
Our distinction is our vertical integration. We produce products from concept to production for a constantly growing number of unique automotive components and systems. The research and development, materials, design, testing, tooling, machines, processing technologies and secondary assembly systems are all supplied and controlled within our own company. To our customers this means faster development, increased design flexibility, improved efficiency in manufacturing and assembly, significant cost savings, and enhanced quality and performance.
ABC Group's Grand Rapids location is a Tier 1 and Tier 2 supplier to domestic OEM's for blow and injection molded components. We've experienced significant growth in the last two years and are growing even more in the years to come! We proudly employ over 450 people and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team!
To learn more about our great company, please (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below).com