Interplex Sunbelt is hiring for Tool & Die Makers in our Tamarac, FL. location! We are growing and we need you! Our Production floor is fully air conditioned! We offer medical, dental, vision and 401k benefits. Multiple shifts available and overtime too!! Not to mention the warm climate of Florida as an extra perk!
Interplex Sunbelt is a premiere stamping company located in beautiful Tamarac, Florida. Currently, Interplex Sunbelt has several job openings for Tool and Die makers on multiple shifts. Interplex Sunbelt offers one of the most comprehensive set of precision metal, plastic and assembly solution to the medical, telecommunications, electronic, and automotive industries. The company leverages its technical expertise to provide turnkey design and manufacturing services to customers around the world.
- Problem solving skills to repair and debug high speed progressive stamping dies
- Knowledgeable in press room activities
- Able to effectively and safely operate in a high pressure work environment
- Must be self-directed, possess good communication skills, basic computer knowledge, high attention to detail, strong documentation skills and a strong mathematical background
- Able to productively work well independently as well as with others with limited supervision
- Able to work regularly scheduled hours with over time as needed
- Able to read and interpret details and assembly drawings
- Able to be flexible and demonstrate the ability to respond to frequent priority changes
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to exchange information clearly and concisely with coworkers, supervisors etc.
- Able to learn how to accurately estimate time of major repairs
- Able to plan, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of details, tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances
- Set up and operate mills, lathes, grinders, EDM equipment and various hand tools
- Hands on participation in the operation and setting up of stamping presses
- Responsible for relevant entries in ERP system
- Perform geometric shop calculations
Rework tooling details and performs skilled fitting, timing and adjusting as needed to develop piece parts to blue print specification
Use tool conditioning and debug skills to solve progressive die issues.
Diagnoses root cause and correct problems in complicated progressive dies.
Advise which correct materials and oils to be used for specific applications.
Responsible to track, order, and organize tooling spares.
Accurately complete all required paperwork and records such as updating and recording all tooling modifications on die drawings so they can be updated by the Engineering department.
Assist the production department to get automation machines up and running.
Actively support 5S, Quality, and continues improvements efforts by following all approved practices and procedures by performing clean-up activities, and identify and recommending improvements to management.
Operate all gauging and inspection equipment to perform 1st piece part inspections before submitting to QC.
Perform all other related duties as assigned by management.
Required: High school diploma and completion of Tool & Die Apprenticeship program or equivalent on the job training,
Ten years of experience in the field highly preferred.
Interplex Sunbelt offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, short term disability, accident, critical care, hospital, 401k, paid holidays, vacation, and sick timeCompany Description
Interplex Sunbelt was founded in Fort Lauderdale, FL and currently operates in Tamarac. Interplex Sunbelt has excelled as one of the premier custom manufacturers of precision metal stampings and continuous reel-to-reel insert molded components and assemblies for over 30 years.
Interplex Sunbelt offers one of the most comprehensive range of manufacturing solutions for complex mechatronic assemblies and precision components. By combining its expertise in product design, precision metal stamping, insert molding and assembly, including flex circuit assembly, press-fit and compliant pin terminals and tape and reel packaging, Interplex Sunbelt gives the customer a "one-stop shop" for their unique, custom-designed product needs.