We are looking for an Application Server Support Engineer to join our client's team! This contract-to-hire position is responsible for:
· Providing internal and customer business application support, running on multiple application servers including Websphere, WebLogic, .NET, and Tomcat.
· Responsible for deploying, configuring, supporting, and documentation of supported enterprise applications.
· This position will also be responsible for supporting the internal network and server infrastructure, with a focus on security.
· Support enterprise applications internally and at customer sites running in Websphere, Weblogic, .NET, Tomcat, and other application servers throughout the application lifecycle – including deployments, configuration, documentation, upgrades and issue resolution.
· Support the backend databases for these applications including Oracle, Sql Server, Postgres, and MySql.
· Support the internal network infrastructure such as firewalls, switches, and access points.
· Support the server infrastructure, ESXi, and operating systems.
· Perform security audits on internal systems and provide recommendations for improvements.
· MUST BE US CITIZEN
· 4 year college degree is required (BA, BS)
· Must be willing and able to pass a background investigation and drug screening.
· Experience with Linux and Windows Server operating Systems.
· Proficient with Weblogic and/or Websphere or other J2EE application server.
· Understanding of Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres and other databases from an administrative perspective.
· Experience with Powershell, Bash and other scripting languages preferred.
· Experience with IIS, Apache, and other web servers.
· Experience with .NET application support and deployment preferred.
· Experience documenting complex systems in UML.
· Experience with networking, including an understanding of VLANs and DMZs.
· Knowledgeable on IT security best practices.
· Some experience with application development preferred, especially JAVA.
· Some experience with VMWare ESXI, vCenter, and other virtualization technologies preferred.Company (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/