Exciting opportunity for a Compounder/Blending Operator in a fast-growing, disposable consumer products company, located on Hauppauge, NY.
The candidate chosen for the Compounder/Blending Operator position will also possess excellent people skills, be friendly, be a team player, be able to take initiative when necessary and carry out all responsibilities in accordance with company policies, core values and applicable laws.
Compounder / Blending Operator is responsible for the effective day -to- day operation of the Compounding area, with emphasis on the accurate weighing out of ingredients and monitoring of equipment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Function as a liaison between production, quality and inventory management to produce batches to specifications while minimizing shrinkage of raw materials.
- Weigh or measure raw materials, ingredients or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Take samples of raw materials or products to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Start machines to mix or blend ingredients; then allow them to mix for specified times.
- Operate or tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of materials.
- Observe production and monitor equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Stop mixing or blending machines when specified product qualities are obtained and open valves and start pumps to transfer mixtures.
- Collect samples of materials or products for laboratory testing.
- Add or mix chemicals or ingredients for processing, using hand tools or other devices.
- 2-3 years of comparable experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and multi task
- Strong attention to detail
Required Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years of comparable experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent or higher educational degree
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Company Description
Manufacturing Company of personal care products located in Hauppauge, New York. The ideal candidate will be a team player, punctual with a can-do attitude. Team Player!