SUMMARY OF POSITION
Ensures maximum efficient operations of facilities and equipment, as well as the care of all grounds and support equipment. Responsible for Preventative Maintenance Programs including the review and evaluation of its cost effectiveness and performance. Resolve facilities related problems and manage corrective construction and remodels. Will assist with maintaining daily operations of the physical facilities. Supports by performing “handyman” maintenance duties such electrical projects, spot painting and/or cleaning, plumbing, light construction and/or exterior cleanup.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Performs preventive maintenance service, emergency repair, and cosmetic repair on restaurant equipment and property; performs necessary modifications to equipment installations.
- Check and follow up on all Preventative maintenance (PM) programs for efficiency of CPK’s hot water, signage time clock settings, HVAC T-stats, Refrigeration time clock and defrost settings and lighting program and hot side cooking equipment.
- Performs regular inspections of all assigned restaurants and reports the condition of equipment and property, as well as maintenance status.
- Must know how all HVAC systems work to maintain a correct test and balance at each store.
- Assists with maintaining building security.
- Responds to emergencies on a 24-hour basis, including weekends.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools and determine when an electrician is required
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, etc.).
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned.
- Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain a clean facility.
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Regional Facilities Manager.
- Maintains records of store level equipment inventory, spare parts and company owned tool inventories. Provides reports as requested and tracks inventories.
- Assists supervisor with recommendations regarding capital budget expenditures for equipment, building and property repair or replacement.
- Maintains current service and warranty records and prevents unwarranted repair expenses or violation of warranties.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting of invoices, maintenance logs, purchase orders, Capital Appropriation Request forms and any other pertinent administrative paperwork necessary. Provides accurate reporting and administrative functions training, as necessary.
- Resolve and work with all landlord issues until completed.
- Performs duties as required for restaurant openings, special events, and restaurant closures; assists in transfer, sales and/or disposal of equipment. Assists with supervisory responsibilities in the absence of supervisor, as requested.
- Recommend approval of invoices for service work using the IQ system. Negotiate adjustments as required.
- Must be able to visit and maintain CPK’s policies for all stores in their regions.
- Make travel arrangements for self within company policy.
Education, Training, and Work Experience
- 3-5 years industry related experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience required in Electrical (up to 440v), High Voltage (600v plus), Welding, Boilers, and Compressors.
- Experience in at least one of the following is required: HVAC, Data, High Voltage, Machining, or PLC's
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of general construction skills, building codes and mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent daily and weekly paperwork is a must
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to computer terminals. The noise level and temperature is moderate. The employee has the ability to sit, stand and/or walk for up to 10 hours a day. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend or kneel, lift up to 40 lbs. and perform other diverse physical tasks as needed. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to climb on roof through the roof hatch and ladder and open up all roof top equipment to inspect for preventative maintenance. Must be able to climb a ladder inside the restaurant to look above the ceiling for inspections, must be able to look into, bind and under all equipment.
NOTE: CPK reserves the right to revise or change the position plan as the need arises. This position plan is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
CPK will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, and any other state, federal or local law.Company Description
In 1985, California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) opened its first restaurant in Beverly Hills and introduced diners to innovative California-style pizza. Since then, CPK has become a global brand known for creative California cuisine. Today, CPK is approaching 300 restaurants in 13 countries and U.S. territories. Dedicated to a unique dining experience, CPK is now introducing its Next Chapter featuring reimagined menus, open kitchens, and unique renovations in all restaurants across the country.