About the Job
The role of Quality Control Technician performs duties requiring maintenance and/or craft skills to ensure all apartments are in move-in condition.
Days/Hours:Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm, weekends as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Perform maintenance repairs for residential apartments; carpet cleaning, caulking bathroom, installing blinds, etc.
• Perform full painting for apartment walls.
• Perform furniture repair touchups.
• Perform re-touch residential apartment cleanings.
• Moving, lifting and exchange of residential furniture.
• Perform set up of furniture for the apartments.
• Conduct assessments per company standards and document apartment damages.
• Communicate with the building maintenance team to acquire paint colors, schedule additional repairs and addressing any additional maintenance functions.
• Perform Quality Assurance inspections for residential apartments
• Perform apartment move in - out inspections.
• Photograph apartment.
• Troubleshoot residential cable and internet issues
• Maintain residential household supplies/inventory organized & accurate
• Follow and comply with inventory & scanning process.
• Communicate issues promptly to Customer service & Operations Department.
• Perform emergency/same day Customer Service tasks that may arise.
• Additional projects as directed by Customer Service.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented and have maintenance experience/craft skills such as carpet shampooing and painting (required). Hospitality experience a plus.
Computer proficiency required, this position requires a technology savvy candidate.
Candidate must be able to lift at least 50 LBS.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Valid clean driver's license required and must be at least 22 years old to be insured under our vehicle policy. English as a second language acceptable.
What We Offer
We are pleased to offer a competitive base salary, medical, short -term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and 401(k) plan with a company match.