CERTUS Port Automation is a leading technology company in innovative automation solutions for container and intermodal terminals worldwide. Headquartered out of Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Rotterdam, we also have partner companies in the USA, UAE and Brazil.
Our systems empower marine and railway terminal operators to increase their performance while reducing operating costs. Deployed in over 50+ countries, terminal operators worldwide have successfully optimized their gate, crane and rail processes using our advanced OCR technology, kiosk systems and advanced software.what do I do as a sales engineer?
You will be part of a sales team selling terminal automation solutions in a global market. This market includes ports, container-, rail- and Ro-Ro terminals. The automation projects relate to the handover process of goods transported by road, rail and sea. Prospects and customers are multinational container terminal operators, private companies and port authorities.
As a Sales Engineer you analyze customer requirements and existing systems on-site using data from a wide range of sources, you make calculations and prepare sales proposals for the sales representatives.
In summary you
- Analyse customer needs
- Evaluate and assess technical and functional specifications of customers against standards.
- Analyse our product offerings versus customer requirements and discuss the possible gaps with the Sales Manager and R&D Manager.
- Discuss the proposal strategy with the responsible Sales Representative.
- Calculate and prepare commercial and technical proposals
For the sales organization you are their first point of contact for technical questions, product features, lead times, pricing, etc. You may travel to customers to be of support in (technical) clarification meetings or analyze customer change requests.Your profile
- You have pleasure in applying your technical expertise within a commercial environment.
- You combine creativity with a high level of quality and commercial awareness.
- You have experience in a project related environment and the ability to work well with other people as part of a team.
- You like to work in a highly international and dynamic environment, with customers varying from small local companies to large international players.
- You are flexible and able to handle changing priorities and strict deadlines well.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in industrial, mechanical or controls engineering or alike.
- Experience within a technical position within a B2B environment for industrial automation.
- A good command of Dutch and English both speaking as writing.
, You work in a team of passionate and result-driven individuals with a big track record in port automation.
You work in a medium-sized technology company that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship.
Diverse and challenging position in an exciting sector where you can make the difference on an international level.
Competitive salary package.
Working from home belongs to the options.
Open and informal company culture.
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,