- Must be able to read and understand detailed job instructions with little or no supervision
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of all vacuum bagging techniques and materials, and how they are used in the production process
- Must be able to interpret drawings and schematics to determine layout of location for details, hole sizes, break lines, stiffeners, and final finish, and be able to work to tolerances as required per the job instructions with only limited assistance.
- Must have a working knowledge of prepreg materials
- Must be able to identify and retrieve different types of materials in the freezer or cooler for use according to job instructions
- Must be able to maintain accurate records of material usage and out-life data.
- Should have a working knowledge of or ability to learn oven and autoclave operation (i.e. start up, shut down, pressurization, vacuum line and thermocouple hook ups)
- Must be organized and maintain a clean work area to minimize the opportunity for FOD.
- Must be flexible and willing to shift priorities as needed to meet customer deadlines
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. The ideal candidate will also have at least two years’ relevant experience; preferably in the aerospace industry
- Must have the ability to read and accurately interpret documents, rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and technical instructions on job travelers
- Must be able to do basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be able to stand in one place for long periods of time
- Should be able to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
The selected candidate will be required to pass a drug screen and a background check.
Nor-Ral is an equal opportunity employer and utilizes e-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. Must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States.Company Description
Nor-Ral specializes in composites fabrication and precision machining, servicing the aerospace and marine industries. We assist our customers in their need for parts and tooling and are committed to providing our customers cost effective solutions using innovative technology and processes. We are ISO9001, AS9100 and NADCAP certified. We are also a 14 CFR Part 145 FAA repair station.