- Researches and evaluates potential suppliers to ensure they can produce the quality and quantity of goods needed at the most competitive total cost.
- Maintains strategic relationships with suppliers and execute purchasing agreements and contracts.
- Constantly monitors inventory levels, production scheduling demand and executes to the MRP exception messages.
- Verifies demand and generates purchase orders and compares standard cost to the actual pricing. Mitigates and negotiates price increase.
- Plans and analyses inventory levels by verifying available on hand stock.
- Generates system purchase requisitions, places purchase orders and verifies part number specifications and price. Obtains purchased order confirmation from suppliers confirming price, delivery and payment terms.
- Expedites material from suppliers to meet the master production plan.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered and resolves shipment discrepancies from suppliers.
- Manages optimal inventory levels and develops a “plan for every part” to increase material availability and increase inventory turns.
- Maintains Purchase Order information accessible by sorting and filing documents by supplier and date.
- Develops an intimate knowledge of the company’s ERP system in all relevant modules.
- Develops / Implements an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all Open Purchase Orders
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of inventory control, purchasing and manufacturing/production planning.
- Comprehensive Understanding of Microsoft Office
- Proficient Experience in an ERP system
- Willingness to negotiate and build relationships with suppliers
- Ability to work well with a team / Strong Interpersonal skills
- Able to prioritize in a fast paced environment and have a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to do what it takes to ensure company success
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of work experience and education preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in Purchasing and/or Material Planning Management, preferably in manufacturing
Integra Biosciences is a world leading manufacturer and direct seller of innovative laboratory tools for liquid handling and media preparation. The company is fast paced and fully committed to creating novel solutions to meet the needs of customers in Bio-tech & Pharmaceutical Research labs, Diagnostics, and quality control groups in all life science markets as well and the food & beverage, forensics and medical industries.