Accounts Receivable Clerk
About the Company and Opportunity:
- As one of the largest and most successful manufacturers in North American, our customer provides the opportunity for an exciting future in a dynamic business environment.
- They strive to blend the valued knowledge and skills of experienced employees with the energy, enthusiasm and ambition brought by its talented, new hires.
- Some of the benefits they offer include Dental, vision, health, life insurance and 401K with corporate match.
Overview of the Accounts receivable Clerk:
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Researches cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts to reconcile with the customers’ records.
- Oversees client trust accounts, accounts receivable write-offs and payment reversals.
- Establishes new customer accounts after collecting required, executed documents from customer.
- Processes credit applications and obtain credit information from references.
- Performs collections function on customer accounts with past due invoices.
- Monitors order hold queues and releases and/or holds orders based on established procedures.
- Processes credit card transactions to pay open account invoices.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Organizes and maintains customer files for required period of time.
- Operates office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator.
- Utilizes computerized accounting software programs to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Provides monthly financial and management reports as required.
Preferred Qualifications for the Accounts Receivable Clerk:
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes or Accounting Degree preferred.
· 4-6 years hands-on accounts receivable and collections
· Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency required. Good mathematical background
· Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
· Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic
· Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment