Assist Restaurant Manager in all phases of restaurant operations. Responsible for complete restaurant operation in absence of manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Monitor servers and busperson adherence to all service standards.
2. Supervise service of guests, being watchful of signals from guests in need of service.
3. Assist manager to establish and monitor sidework duty completion.
4. Maintain bank to Crescent standards.
5. Read daily communication sheets from previous shift and prepare one for the following shift. Check floor plan for appropriate coverage.
6. Check restaurant for cleanliness and set up. Check service stands and aisle areas. Check tables for cleanliness and proper set up.
7. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
8. Communicate daily with restaurant manager with regard to special events, house counts, etc.
9. Assist restaurant manager in conducting menu classes and taste panels.
10. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
12. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to use point of sale. Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 pounds. Ability to push/and pull carts of products weighing up to 150 pounds.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.Company Description
Crescent Hotels & Resorts was built by operators for operators, and is more than just a portfolio of hotels. Crescent is part of an elite group of independent hotel management companies approved to operate flags under the major brand affiliations of Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt. Our portfolio of premier branded hotels and independents across the United States and Canada is comprised of properties in the resort, upper-upscale full-service, and luxury segments.
We are a privately-owned progressive hotel and resort management company determined to be the employer of choice in the hospitality industry. Through a passionate and deeply personalized approach to each hotel, our hands-on management style is attributed to our in-depth experience and dedication. Together with an unsurpassed level of passion and energy, our associates have extensive experience in all disciplines of hospitality management. This combination distinguishes us from our competitors, enabling us to remain an industry leader in hotel operations.