Company headquartered in Northern VA is seeking FT laborers to support a government facility/maintenance in Huntsville, Alabama. Personnel must hold the following credentials and be able to perform the following tasks (at a minimum)
- Must hold valid high school diploma; associate's degree or higher a plus
- Be a US Citizen
- Capable of using MS Word and Excel, databases for inventory and tracking tasks, etc.
- Must be fluent In English and demonstrate superior English reading, writing and speaking skills
- Perform daily repairs, replace broken parts as necessary, and install office furniture to meet requirements of building occupants.
- Create and maintain a listing of reutilized furniture and equipment, to include excess furniture and equipment.
- Obtain obtain parts from, and return excess parts to the warehouse, and assemble/disassemble furniture systems parts for office configurations.
- Maintain all areas of responsibility in accordance with established Department of Defense policies, and in an orderly manner with clear access aisles.
- Monitor the Government-provided work order/log system for open work requests on a daily basis and process in-house generated work orders.
- The estimated number of work orders completed per year is 1,000.
- Maintain an automated database system of all excess systems furniture parts in the warehouse and create a system for the storage, organization, and maintenance of the inventory of these items.
- Retain warranty information for all government-owned furniture and equipment in the automated database system. The Government will provide access to existing records on the contract start date.
- Provide the USG with a status of the previous month’s furniture systems inventory by the fifth workday of each month.
- Provide services for special events, programs or seasonal observances to support Agency morale, welfare, and recreation programs. Duties shall consist of setting up, decorating, dismantling, and storage for events, including setup and maintenance of American and Military flags.
- Setup responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, tables, seating, props, decorations etc. There are an average of 12 events per year.
Other services to be provided include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hang mirrors, wall plaques, banners, marker boards, tack boards, and signs within buildings/suites operated by the USG.
- Pickup and deliver boxes, supplies, furniture parts, and consumables to and from the warehouse as needed. Consumables shall include, but not limited to, printer paper and toner.
- Deliver and pickup computer and copier equipment to and from the warehouse as needed.
- Deliver GSA vehicles to and from local maintenance and repair shops for routine service checks such as oil changes, tire rotations, and tune-ups, as needed.
- Provide assistance in installation of Antiterrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) equipment.
- Install name plates and signage to identify office and employee workstations.
- Report problems/maintenance issues that are submitted in work orders to the COR within 24 hours.
- Perform duties at the warehouse to include, but not be limited to, organizing and moving boxes, files, furniture and equipment, receiving equipment and materials, segregating equipment and delivering to DRMO, processing equipment received through DRMO. These tasks will be performed as needed.
- Maintain/update an Excel spreadsheet and CAD drawings of seating/office assignments for all buildings/suites operated by the USG on a monthly basis.
- Provide shred/recycle service delivery and disposal and will deliver empty shred bins to office locations as required throughout the Huntsville Center footprint.
- Check and collect the bins twice weekly for delivery to shred agencies for emptying, which may be located on Redstone Arsenal, and return them to their original locations.
- Maintain cleanliness in areas where work is performed by tidying up the area, removing packing materials and other trash, and placing packing materials and trash in the dumpsters designated for trash disposal.