The Warehouse Supervisor coordinates with the Operations Manager to manage the loading, unloading, repair, maintenance, warehousing, and inventory control of short-term rental equipment in the warehouse. Works with the Operations Manager to control labor, inventory, supplies, truck, and transportation costs. Manages drivers, warehouse and temporary labor personnel in a 24-hour a day business environment to assure efficiency and safety. Works evenings and weekends as necessary. May be required to drive a truck to and from delivery sites.
• Manages Warehouse Team members throughout the employee life cycle from hiring, setting expectations, monitoring performance, providing feedback, development, progressive discipline, and termination.
• Manages the control, condition, layout, and security of inventory
• Inspects physical and operational condition of equipment
• Responsible for proper staging, loading and unloading of equipment
• Manages the scheduling, routing, and control of all trucking activity
• Ensures that safety standards are adhered to in all areas of the warehouse
• Provides necessary training on basic equipment repair
• Responsible for insuring accurate and timely cycle counts
• Associates Degree with 3+ years related industry experience or at least 6 years related industry experience without a degree.
• Excellent computer & preferably Flex Rental Solutions skills.
• Ability to self-direct and work independently.
• Management experience with demonstrated ability to develop employees and maintain effectiveness with peers.
• Excellent communication skills, reasoning skills, computer proficiency skills, and time management skills.
• Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
• Ability to make minor repairs to equipment.
• If driving is required for the position, must have local state driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. perception, and ability to adjust focus.Company Description
Family owned growing rental staging, audio visual, lighting company out of DC metro area.