Position - Field Service Technician
Surf Air Wireless is a fast growing company serving North West Indiana, North East Illinois and South West Michigan with Fixed Wireless Broadband Internet. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and learn about Internet Service Provider operations while growing your technical and craft skills in a fast paced family atmosphere!
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Operate hand tools and power tools in a safe manner including drilling into and attaching equipment to customer’s home and businesses.
- Installation of broadband antenna equipment including but not limited to Dishes, 19” Antennas and brackets necessary for attaching these antenna types to the exterior of homes and businesses.
- Knowledge of various cable and connector types including but not limited to; cat 5e cabling, ability to route cable from exterior to the interior of a location keeping in mind the aesthetics of the building, grounding, broadband routers, switches and all connectors applicable for this type of cable.
- Connect customer’s PC to broadband router and Internet.
- Knowledge and ability to configure WiFi 802.11 Wireless Networks
- Install and configure networking systems and components.
- Clearly explain all services and equipment operation to customers.
- Promote additional services available to our customers and potential customers.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Operate cell phone in accordance with company policy.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Position is for opening in Surf Air's Merrillville, IN office.
- Follow cabling procedures for wiring homes and businesses.
- Will require work on ladder, roof and other areas of a building in order to get the best performance. Will require use of drill and other power tools for professional installation.
- Basic understanding of computer networking.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to configure TCP/IP settings on Windows and OS X machines.
- Use of PC based applications to diagnose various communications equipment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel to create and edit documentation.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Self Motivated.
- Customer service oriented and professional in appearance.
- Must be willing and able to work after normal business hours with on call duties.
- Ability to work alone and be able to evaluate the work completed to assure its quality.
- Working in a safe and effective manner, keeping work area clean at all times.
DISCLAIMER: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer for any employee or applicant. All employees must be authorized to work in the United States.Company Description
Surf Air Wireless has been operating and providing telecommunications service in Northwest Indiana since 2010. Over the years we have grown, expanded our offerings, and are now proud to say that we also offer service in North Central Illinois and Central Lower Michigan and cover over 2,200 square miles in total. Although we have grown as a company, we pride ourselves on meeting the needs of all of our customers with exceptional customer support. We know that telecommunications service for the home and business has become essential in parts of every-day life, so we understand the importance of providing a quality experience. We've built a network that is reliable and fast, with the latest cutting-edge technology, so that our customers can always get communicate in various ways quickly and effortlessly. Our mission is to provide the greatest number of people with the greatest possible access to communication.