Our client, a nationwide manufacturer and distributor of fine goods is seeking an experienced Packaging Laborer to join their growing team in Lena, Illinois.
Our candidate of choice will be responsible for packaging the product. This includes general packaging, stacking, lifting and restocking of material into equipment. This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Make sure machines are set up and have the proper paper, drums and boxes for the product you are going to package
- Assist in changing over materials for the line, safely and efficiently to reduce down time
- Spot-check and remove product and packaging that does not meet our quality specifications
- Maintaining the work flow of a group of 3 or more people
- Stack product on pallets verifying correct pattern
- Assembles boxes for hand packing product
- Operate metal detection and x-ray equipment as needed
- Help and assist coworkers when the line is down
- Visual inspections of codes, seals, packaging during production. Alerts operator of nonconformance and makes corrections
- Completes all paperwork required
- Actively participates in continuous improvement process
- Be at your workstation at your required time.
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic mathematics and calculating tools
- Capable of operating without direct supervision
- Capable of following instructions.
Please apply today to be one of the first candidates considered for the role!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!