Our Transportation Construction, Engineering and Inspection group assists in all levels of federal, state, public, private, and international organizations by offering construction engineering and inspection services for transportation systems that reflect community needs. Our value-added program management and construction management service lines build partnerships and create solutions for current and future environmental and infrastructure challenges.
We are currently accepting resumes for future project work providing technical support and services building accessible, scenic roadways for our most treasured federal lands across the United States. Qualified candidates will be contacted once next steps have been identified. As a selected member of this team, you will contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
• Implementing the construction inspection plan, inspects contractor work efforts, evaluates progress of work, and solves problems.
• Performing complex and routine/standard inspections of construction to evaluate if appropriate materials and construction processes are used; and that construction conforms to plans, specifications, and special provisions.
• Using higher grade of equipment and performs complex calculations to perform inspection.
• Reviewing drawings to prepare for the inspection.
• Understanding the design of the construction that will be inspected.
• Documenting the results of the inspection and communicates to the supervisor.
• Conducting field measurements to establish quantities for pay item documentation as well as other contract administration documentation.
• Inspecting work zones for proper traffic control setup, erosion control devices and maintenance thereof, utility coordination and right-of-way issue resolution.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Certifications from a State Highway Agency or National Entity such as ACI (American Concrete Institute) or NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies) in earthwork, asphalt, and concrete if required by the client or jurisdiction in which they will be working.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
6 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in English. Intermediate knowledge of arithmetic. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). Ability to adapt to new technologies and quickly learn new construction methods, processes, and specifications.
Amount of Travel Required