The Expert Index offers skilled professionals the opportunity to work independently, control their own workload and learn from new experiences. Perhaps you are nearing retirement, still find passion in your work and want to put in limited hours. Or maybe you are looking to utilize your skills in a new way or in a new place. No matter the stage of your career or your industry, The Expert Index can help you continue to achieve your professional goals. To learn more about how you can continue to have a fulfilling career at your pace and preference, visit us at (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/
The Expert Index is looking for Part-time Advisors to provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
Typically, you’re an ideal candidate if you’re a professional from the construction industry, who doesn’t want to work full-time for an employer, but would rather work in a more flexible, consulting capacity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS… (& experiences you should be able to discuss if invited to an interview.)
· Developing a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
· Selecting and coordinating work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project. Overseeing performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
· Being responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses. Supervising assistant managers, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
· Tracking and controlling construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
· Reporting to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
YOU MIGHT BE QUALIFIED IF…
You are a graduate of a four-year degree program in Construction Management or Construction Science. Graduate engineers or architects will also be considered with additional training in Business Administration and Accounting.
You have five years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
You possess the ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
You can demonstrate good oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook (required).