The Expert Index offers skilled professionals the opportunity to work independently, control their own workload and learn from new experiences. Perhaps you are nearing retirement, still find passion in your work and want to put in limited hours. Or maybe you are looking to utilize your skills in a new way or in a new place. No matter the stage of your career or your industry, The Expert Index can help you continue to achieve your professional goals. To learn more about how you can continue to have a fulfilling career at your pace and preference, visit us at (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/
Expert Index is looking to hire an independently contracted superintendent! As a Construction Superintendent, you will coordinate all phases of construction projects (coordinating subcontractors, materials and equipment, ensuring specifications are followed, work is on schedule and on budget). Furthermore, your success will also require you to schedule, inspect, and perform quality control and manage site safety.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS… (& experiences you should be able to discuss if invited to an interview.)
· Scheduling subcontractors, consultants and vendors, ensuring timely completion.
· Performing quality control.
· Communicating ASI’s, RFI’s, and material submittals.
· Coordinating required inspections.
· Issuing non-compliance notices to subcontractors regarding quality of work or scheduling.
· Ensuring that site is clean and organized.
· Providing excellent management and organizational skills.
· Working cooperatively with project managers and is professional.
· Having flexibility in schedule.
YOU MIGHT BE QUALIFIED IF…
You have a Bachelor’s degree and 10 plus years of applicable experience (required).
You have the ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures. This is a must have for success in this role.
Strong communication skills are necessary.