The Housekeeper will prepare a clean and hospitable environment for guests.
• Represent The Salvation Army by carrying out the mission in all aspects of our services.
• Ensure that facilities are cleaned and prepared prior to guest arrival.
• Keep inventory of cleaning supplies and submit orders to Kitchen Manager.
• Maintain positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationship with clients, co-workers and supervisors. This includes but is not limited to: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner, courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients, respect of other’s property and person and professional and appropriate communications.
• During summer months, responsibilities will include laundering lost and found items, restocking all lodging housekeeping supplies, keeping public restrooms clean.
• Other duties as appropriate and assigned for this position.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Background Checks: Position requires a background check to be completed. Findings may disqualify an individual for this position.
Experience: Experience in housekeeping preferred.
Certifications: Must have a valid chauffer’s driver’s license and maintain The Salvation Army Driver’s qualification standard. Must complete and stay current with The Salvation Army’s Safe From Harm training.
Skills/Abilities: Ability to speak, write and understand English in a manner sufficient for effective communication with leadership and field personnel. Good organizational skills. Ability to think independently and exercise sound judgement. Exhibit enthusiastic, friendly and outgoing personality. Must be available to work weekends and holidays as required. Be of sound physical ability, recognizing the position requires a high level of mobility and lifting.