We are seeking a weekend Executive Chef to join our team! We are a wedding hall near the heart of downtown with a reputation for providing a completely customized experience for our couples.
- Oversee day-to-day culinary operations
- Coordinate food and kitchenware orders
- Check freshness and quality of ingredients
- Assist in the development of menu items
- Standardize recipes and plate presentations
- Work with management to create a memorable experience for guests
- Hit precise serve times for our large event meals
- Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking, or other related fields
- Passion for food and cooking techniques
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Each menu is tailored to the culture of the couple, so each and every week will be a new experience! We already have an experienced, agreeable sous chef in house to help with the transition - and our outgoing chef will be helping with your training as well. The staff here is a family, the front/back of the house get along, and we find that most of our staff is a genuinely happy bunch. While fast paced, our kitchen tends to be much less stressed than most in the industry. A genuine sense of a common goal and teamwork runs deep here.
We find that this position is often suited to those with a full time weekday job. It tends to run about 20-25 hours a week with lower amounts in January - February and higher ones in June and October. A traditional week's schedule would be shopping and prep Thursday and/or Friday night with a long (wedding) day on Saturdays. We also tend to know our schedule FAR (2-3 months) in advance, so your schedule is easily planned.
While experience is golden, we encourage anyone to apply. We tend to value talent and dedication over formal training and years of experience. Our previous chef was a young sous chef from a local high-end local restaurant that turned out to be the best chef we've ever had.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,