Summary: A person in the position usually reports to an area supervisor. A Weld Production Worker is responsible for producing, fabricating, and/or assembling products, and for setting up and maintaining an environment within which products may be produced.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Set up all tools, shears, press brakes, tube benders, saws, drill presses, jigs, fixtures, and materials needed to assemble and/or fabricate the assigned product.
2. Review work order for instructions and/or special requirements.
3. Measure, cut, and/or move materials into position for fabrication or assembly according to design drawings and work order instructions.
4. Fabricate and/or assemble product.
5. Inspect all work done for overall quality and identify any errors. If instructions call for an external inspector, notify inspector and wait for inspection.
6. Correct any errors, or rework as necessary.
7. Prepare finished product for next assembly or for transfer to another location as indicated by instructions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of corporate production methods and safety procedures
Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and instructions
Ability to use tools safely and effectively
Ability to handle production raw materials and subassemblies safely
Ability to lift 50 pounds
Skill in using tools and equipment
Skill in following instructions
Skill in problem solving
In addition to heavy lifting, this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting
This job is required to be performed, variously, in hot, humid, dry, dusty, and cold conditions both inside and outside.
Ability to read and follow instructions; ability to read blueprints and to interpret drawingsCompany Description
Engineering Services & Products Company (ESAPCO) was founded in 1979 with the purpose of bringing the highest quality products at the most competitive prices with exceptional customer service directly to the agricultural, horticultural, building and retail trade communities. With this goal in mind, we have grown from a regional, two-person operation to one with corporate headquarters and sales call center located in South Windsor, CT and a manufacturing and distribution center located in Dyersville, IA. These multiple locations allow our dedicated team of sales and service professionals to service over 300,000 loyal and happy customers worldwide. Engineering Services & Products Company is a member of Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI), Lightweight Structures Association (LSA), American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) and the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Program.
Engineering Services & Products Company offers greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, engineered buildings, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, temporary shelters, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, poultry products, livestock equipment and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home.