Play Group Managers at Central Bark Jacksonville are responsible for the supervision, control and management of daycare dogs and ensuring the safety of the playgroup. Additionally, the handler is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of the playgroups (outside and inside) as well as other areas of the facility as assigned – such as prep room, kitchen, retail and crate rooms. This position is “at will”. Pay will be based on experience.
· Dog Management
· Interact with dogs in playgroups using appropriate toys and tools to ensure safe levels of play and minimizing stress levels of all dogs in playgroup. Maintain visual observation of dogs at all times and spread attention and play among all dogs in playgroup.
· Control level of play by following dog management and control procedures and instructions provided by management.
· Use proper dog handling techniques as instructed by management.
· Use appropriate praise and dog correction methods.
· Ensure you know all dogs in playgroup and can properly identify them. If not, request assistance from other staff or management.
· Watch all new dogs carefully and immediately consult with management if you have concerns.
· For all dogs in playgroup, report any unusual behavior, or eliminations and injuries to management immediately.
· Maintain playroom as instructed per the posted checklist.
· Ensure that all staff that relieve you for break or shift change know all dogs in group, the special needs dog status and any unusual behaviors or concerns you have been managing during your shift.
· Keep a working 2 way radio at all times when managing dogs. Request back-up coverage prior to leaving the playgroup floor.
· Complete dog incident reports timely when required. If you are not sure whether a report is required check with management.
· Cleaning Duties
· Complete general cleaning duties as posted or assigned.
· Scoop dog waste immediately and dispose of it as instructed.
· Mop up accidents immediately.
· Dust mopping/wet mopping floors as assigned.
· Removing trash from containers after each shift.
· Disinfect playgroup after each shift
· Office Duties
· Greeting customers and bringing dogs into playroom
· Tracking dog attendance as needed on your clipboard
Minimum Experience, Skills, Certification or Academic Background Required
· High school graduate or GED preferred
· Good oral communication skills
· Previous work experience demonstrating dependability
· Previous experience providing animal care preferred but not required (personal or job related)
· Self-motivated, independent worker
· Proven ability to follow instructions and learn new things
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Demonstrated flexibility and proven coping skills with ability to problem solve and think in a fast paced situation