Apply Directly at (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)/VbWW49donUk0bAH12
Navarre Corporation is seeking candidates for driving positions available in the Jacksonville, FL area. We are seeking part-time and full-time employees to perform special needs non-emergent medical transportation services for the Department of Veterans Affairs. Drivers will be remote and will not report to an office.
· Drive provided shuttle/sedan in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
· Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
· Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
· Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
· Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
· Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
· Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
· Assist passengers with boarding and stowing luggage
· Ability to assist with lifting greater than 50lbs
· Excellent communication skills
· Able to work various shift hours and days assigned.
· All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
All drivers will have a starting wage of $15.41 per hour + fully paid benefits in accordance with federal regulations. Our benefits packaged includes, but is not limited to), 401(a) retirement contributions, 100% employer paid health, vision, dental insurance, term-life insurance policy, company provided vehicle, company provided gas card, and uncapped overtime.
Vacation pay will be accrued at a rate of .04 hours/hour worked for a maximum of 80 hours per calendar year.
Holidays will be paid in accordance with federal law: A minimum of eleven paid holidays per year: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans' Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. A contractor may substitute for any of the named holidays another day off with pay in accordance with a plan communicated to the employees involved.) (See 29 CFR 4.174)
***Must provide copy of valid Drivers License***
***This is contingent upon passing a successful background check.***Company Description
Federal Contractor, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. Navarre Corporation employs over 200 people across 10 states. We are a government contractor providing transportation services for VA Hospitals across America. We transport disabled veterans to and from their medical appointments.