HACKTIV8 is a “web development bootcamp” that transforms beginners into full-stack web developers in 12 weeks. We believe anyone can learn to code as long as they fully immerse themselves and follow our three agreements of integrity, kindness and whole self.
At HACKTIV8, Instructor lead by example, demonstrating their passion for learning and their commitment to a high standard of excellence. Being an Instructor at Hacktiv8 is more like being a adventure guide or triathlon coach than a follow-the-textbook style instructor. Instructor lead discussions, guide inquiry, pair program with students, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students and each other.
Successful Hacktiv8 Instructors are also able to emphasize the meta-skills and core concepts of software engineering, teaching students more than just how to code - teaching them how to learn. We think teaching is challenging, meaningful, and exceptionally fun. If you're up to the task, come join us.
- Communicate empathetically with new learners and guide them through the process of becoming employable web developers
- Facilitate lectures and recitation sessions on advanced curriculum topics
- Provide content for lectures, facilitate code reviews, manage student pairing and provide guidance on team projects
- Collaborate with our Curriculum team to facilitate improvements to our curriculum
- Design and manage processes for effective student learning
You’re an ideal candidate if you have:
- 1+ years of verifiable work experience in the tech industry
- Strong and proven commitment to diversity and inclusion in the tech industry
- 1+ years of any front-end language development
- High-energy self starter with innovative/creative capabilities
- Stellar interpersonal skills
- S1 Computer Science Degree or Equivalent
It would also be great if you have:
a. Git mastery
b. 1 years of teaching experience
c. Open source contributions
d. Experience giving conference talks
e. Knowledge of the hiring process for developers