Amazon seeks an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to play a key role on the Amazon Devices Finance Team in Japan. Over the past decade Amazon has developed a number of market-leading, innovative, and fast-growing digital and mobile businesses including Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echo. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded candidate who wants to work in a start-up like environment, is passionate about hardware and digital experiences.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Kindle, Fire Tablet and offline business teams to maximize strategies for new and existing programs and complete financial analysis in support of business objectives.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. The candidate must have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies, including statistical concepts, while dealing with big data. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be able to work with business customers to understand the requirements and implement financial solutions.
This role requires a self-starter with strong business modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a track record of influencing decisions. This role also has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Create and implement financial and operating performance metrics, identify key call outs and drivers to senior management
· Partner with business teams to recommend, develop and implement frameworks and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving competitive position and profitability
· Create financial models and analysis in support of new program development ideas
· Build out new and improve existing finance processes to ensure data integrity and efficient analyses
· Provide financial support for business reviews
· Contribute to business decisions by providing insightful analysis that takes into consideration the end-to-end impact to systems, financial controls and ongoing support requirements
· Lead long and short term financial planning
· BA/BS degree in finance or related field
· 5-7 years of relevant experience
· Advanced Excel & business modeling skills
· Excellent verbal & written communications skills (Japanese is a must)
· Track record of working with business owners to develop and define key business questions and build data sets that answer those questions
· Superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work quickly and accurately in an ambiguous environment
· Experience in writing SQL queries
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,