Works as part of the Audiology team to perform complete audiologic evaluations of paediatric and adult patients in both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Performs routine audiometric evaluations, which include pure tone, speech, tympanometry and impedance testing. Becomes involved in evaluating cochlear implant patients' candidacy and cochlear implant patients' rehabilitation.
2. Makesnecessaryrecommendationsand referrals forpatientsandprovidesappropriate counselling to the patients and their families.
3. Writes all appropriate reports for sessions and forwards them to all necessary participants.
4. Performshearingaidevaluationsandfollowupstoincludehearingaidselection, programming, electroacoustic evaluation of the device, and functional gain measurements.
5. Assistsand Participatesinadditionalaudiometricevaluationstoincludeelectrovideo nystagmography (ENG/VNG), auditory brainstem evoked response (A), and other auditory evoked potentials.
6. Participates in hearing assessments for neonates as part of the Neonatal Hearing Screening Program in the Hospital.
7. Performs assessments of occupational hearing loss as related to professional compensation.
8. Works in coordination with the University students fulfilling their practicum requirements.
9. Assists in the Administration and coordination of the Audiology Section that forms part of the ENT Section. These responsibilities include all phases of the professional and business operations that are required to provide appropriate care for the hearing impaired patients.
10. Supervises and trains recent university graduates in Audiology compelting the one year, full time internship as part of the Saudi Career Development program (SCDP) in the hospital.
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Audiology required.
Two (2) years of related experience with Master’s, or four (4) years with Bachelor’s degree is required.
-Four (4) years as Audiologist at KFSH&RC.
-Average of annual performance appraisal at least (3.5) for the last four (4) years.
-One Hundred (100) hours of cumulative continued medical education [CME].
Current Registration from country of origin and Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) is required.
For jobs on this site that accept applications from your location / country,