The fry cook takes orders for fried food items and prepares the order, whilst maintaining fry station and food item availability. Providing quality service is essential to customer satisfaction.
- Sets up and breaks down fry station
- Prepares orders according to recipe, keeping in mind additional customer specifications or dietary needs.
- Cooks items according to the specified cook times to ensure they are safe for customer consumption
- Uses the correct portions when cutting and serving items
- Anticipates peak and non-peak service times; batch cooks accordingly
- Responsible for the appearance of food when serving to customers
- Restocks the station with condiments and food product as needed
- Adheres to the weekly/monthly cleaning schedules by completing the assigned tasks
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment and utensils
- Operates and cleans fry station (flat top grill, char grill, hood, vents, fryers etc)
- Executes correct knife handling procedure
Additional Job Functions;
- Cross trains and other stations at the location
- Works at other ares or departments as needed
- Completion of any task requested by Head Chef or Bar Managers
- Will mostly be working in back of house.
- Requires work in fry area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time. Frequent lifting, pushing and carrying.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Use of initiative and ability to keep busy
- Punctuality is imperative and good time management skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in the food service industry
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to read, write, and follow instructions
40 hours p/week