We are looking for a proactive, efficient Church Conservator who possesses an understanding of proper cleaning methods and a respect for the religious and cultural beliefs of others. The Church Conservator will ensure that all publicly accessible areas of the church are clean and ready for other staff members and the congregation to use. You will be responsible for general maintenance, assist with preparations and set up for events, and may also maintain supply inventory and submit purchase requests.
To be a successful Church Conservator, you should be observant, respectful, motivated, and committed to providing church members, visitors, and staff with a clean, orderly place to worship and congregate.
Church Conservator Responsibilities:
- Maintaining clean church facilities by performing weekly duties and daily spot cleaning in all public areas of the building, including bathrooms, sanctuary, kitchens, and meeting rooms.
- Working with other maintenance team members and church staff to ensure that all areas are cleaned and stocked with necessary items.
- Responding to requests quickly and with a professional manner.
- Observing proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles, or masks and following written or verbal instructions.
- Performing maintenance, such as changing light bulbs and restocking bathrooms, and making repairs.
- Assisting with event preparations and clean up.
- Taking inventory of cleaners and other supplies and submitting requests when items need to be replenished.
- Interacting with church staff and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
Church Custodian Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and pass a background check.
- Strong communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
- Reliable and able to be flexible to adjust their schedule to suit the needs of the church.
- Motivation to work independently or with others to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the church.