Olgoonik is an Equal Opportunity Employer - EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Olgoonik is an engineering/construction company specializing in facilities construction, operations, and repair, is seeking candidates for the position of Construction Quality Control Inspector. This is a full-time, year-round position with commensurate salary and benefits.
- Administer the Quality Control Program by preparing QC plans and reports, field inspections of work in progress, conducting or obtaining material tests, prepare daily reports, and coordination with superintendents and Government Inspectors.
- Coordinate field work with Superintendents.
- Review subcontractor material submittals, shop drawings, and checks for compliance.
- Assure red line (as-builds) drawings are kept up to date in the field.
- Maintain and administer the company’s safety plan and ensure safe field practices.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction, with emphasis in quality control involving small to medium sized maintenance, repair, and minor construction projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management preferred. Extensive experience may be considered in lieu of a degree or non-related degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to positively influence employees and subcontractors to actively support QC programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with a multi-million dollar construction program including all elements required to oversee the quality control aspects of the projects.
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Suite products including, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Corps of Engineers Quality Management for Contractors, OSHA Safety 30 Hr, and CPR/First Aid certificates are required or the ability to acquire them within a short period of time is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
General office environment however, local travel by car or truck within the state of Kansas will be required based on business demands.