We invite you to play an important role in delivering quality services and solutions to our customers. At DHL eCommerce, we offer many rewarding opportunities in different functions of our business. Contribute to our success through various exciting career opportunities and be part of the world's leading logistics company.
DHL eCommerce has immediate openings for a Full Time Machine Operator and Helper at our distribution center in Hebron, KY.
Pay: up to $13.75 per hour
Shift available: : 1st SHIFT - TUE-FRI 8AM to 4:30PM, SAT 6:30AM-3PM – OFF SUN & MON
The Machine Helper will assist the Machine Operator to set up and operate a machine to accurately process a customer’s request for shipment, complying with all fulfillment, operations and safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Machine Operator to accurately process mail and consistently meet or exceed machine production standards and in accordance with company quality process standards
- Inspect the machine prior to operating to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure appropriate mail flow to reduce and/or eliminate machine downtime
- Observe and audit machine performance with a critical eye to reduced rejected mail
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Duties may include reassignment to alternate operational areas as business needs require
- Essential duties are not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented or otherwise revised by DHL at its sole discretion
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent training and/or related experience preferred
- Ability to speak English
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Understand standardized math processes, e.g., addition and subtraction
- Observe and read gauges, instruments, dials, etc. to determine operating conditions
- Inspect, examine and observe for obvious product or equipment defects
- Determine malfunctioning of units by observing; determine nature and location of malfunction
- Frequently stand in a stationary position to successfully assist machine operator
- Frequently move mail and parcels weighing up to 50 pounds; may include frequent bending, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Constantly inspect, observe, estimate and assess the working conditions of machinery
- This is a warehouse environment where frequently this position will be exposed to cold, hot and changing temperatures; will constantly experience noise at medium level not damaging or loud enough to require protective equipment; will frequently be exposed to dust, dirt and changes in lighting
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - VETERAN/DISABILITY
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.Company Description
Vision:To become the leading logistics provider in online retailing.
DHL eCommerce is on its way to becoming the preferred partner for shipping solutions nationwide and worldwide. With our innovative shipping solutions, supported by state-of-the-art operations systems, we are redefining residential delivery for both your business and your customers. We provide a full range of domestic and international services for the secure and reliable distribution of mail and parcels. Plus, we offer an expanding range of value-added services.
Domestic Presence: DHL eCommerce offers U.S. businesses the widest range of domestic mail and parcel services through the power of the DHL eCommerces worldwide network. With our strategically located Distribution Centers, we can pick-up, sort and process your shipments and move them efficiently into the mailstream. As a USPS Workshare partner, we are able to offer the final mile delivery to over 152 million addresses.
Global Presence: With direct connections to over 220 countries and territories and 41 processing centers on four continents, we have the worlds largest network for international shipping services today. We provide our cross-border services to top Fortune 500 companies for parcels, business mail, direct mail and publications.
Industries Served: DHL eCommerce handles a wide variety of shipments daily from apparel and electronics to books to DVDs, vitamins, replacement parts and catalogs. Some of the industries we serve are e-commerce, multi-channel retailers, direct marketing, financial, mail and print fulfillment, healthcare, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical, government and manufacturing.