Performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry and electrical work.
Excluded are: a. Craft workers included in a formal apprenticeship or progression program based on training and experience; b. Skilled craft workers required to demonstrate proficiency in one or more trades; c. Workers performing simple maintenance duties not requiring practical skill and knowledge of a trade (e.g., changing light bulbs and replacing faucet washers).
Primary Duties: Work involves a variety of the following duties
1. Replaces electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
2. Patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceiling using plaster or compounds.
3. Repairs or replaces concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks
4. Replaces damaged paneling or floor tiles
5. Hangs and installs doors and locks
6. Replaces broken window panes
7. Performs general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
8. Preps, masks, textures, and paints surfaces of interior and exteriors of structures and equipment.
9. Replaces and/or repairs faucets, sinks, toilets and tub surrounds.
10. Removes door casings, floor coverings, including tack strips or adhesives.
11. Replaces floor tiles
12. All other duties assigned.
- Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm
- Diversity/interpersonal Skills
Education, Experience, Skills:
· High school education or G.E.D equivalent
· Valid Alaska Driver’s License
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in two (2) or more Maintenance Trades.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and team lift 50 lbs. or more.
· Must be able to communicate clearly (oral and written) in the English language with internal and external clients and co-workers
· Knowledge of hand tools and their uses
· Knowledge of acceptable construction maintenance practices including occupational safety and health regulations
· Must be able to perform simple tasks independently after being given specific instruction
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking or standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, reaching, squatting, stretching, bending for prolonged periods of times. Must be able to lift repetitively, at times, large quantities of materials and tools.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires the ability to maneuver around maintenance sites, see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Job is performed in a variety of residential and commercial buildings in various types of inclement weather.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Qualifying Factors
· Required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base.
· Having reliable transportation to/from work is a necessity and must be used in able to obtain access to military installations.
· Must remain in good standing with the local Teamsters 959 UnionCompany Description
Choctaw Defense Services is a tribally owned 8(a) contractor offering facility support services to government and commercial contractors across the globe.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.