SUMMARY: to perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, and installation and alteration of commercial and residential heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities; perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
· High School Diploma or GED
· Read, write and speak English
· Relevant trade certification
· Valid Alaska Driver’s License.
· 5 years’ experience in field
· Respirator use
· Must be able to pass RAPIDGate screening to gain access to USCG Base Kodiak
· Associates degree in applied science with HVAC/R Technology.
· Hold EPA Universal refrigerant card.
· Direct Digital Controls (DDC) experience.
· Experience with small package boilers.
· Experience with commercial ventilation systems.
· Steam distribution and maintenance of system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; carry materials and tools to work sites. Must be able to lift and carry 75lbs. Must be able to pass a respirator fit test.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed primarily in multiple housing units, industrial facilities and outside in a variety of working conditions. Respirator use required.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.Company Description
Choctaw Defense Services is a tribally owned 8(a) contractor offering facility support services to government and commercial contractors across the globe.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.