This position provides overall administrative direction for one large or several smaller projects and assuming responsibility for the overall project performance including costs, schedule, quality and project status. This position involves subcontract negotiations, liaison with owners, engineers and subtrades and management of the technical and financial aspects of the contract. The omission of specific statements does not exclude them from the position if the work or similar, related or logical assignment to this class.
- Coordinates project start-up and mobilization.
- Conducts preconstruction meetings with estimating and field operations personnel.
- Prepares Proposal Letter to be used as an exhibit in the Prime Contract.
- Issues bid instructions to subcontractors.
- Finalizes project costs and issues Project Contract.
- Prepares, updates and monitors Project Schedule to ensure compliance with the Project Contract.
- Issuance and scope of work/progress monitoring for all Subcontractors
- Prepares Request for Proposals, Change Orders Requests and oversees Change Order Administration.
- Supports the on-site construction activities and Project Superintendent by obtaining necessary permits, providing responses to RFIs, and issuing drawings and changes.
- Attends weekly job meetings and prepares meeting minutes.
- Prepares monthly job forecasts, project billings and subcontractor billings.
- Responsible for maintaining all project documentation, to include transmittals, project directories, current contracts and correspondence.
- Responsible for overseeing quality control, and compliance with contractual requirement.
- Oversees all fiscal aspects of the project, including: issuing all subcontractors, approving all vendor invoices, monitoring cost of self-performed work, and pricing and issuing of project changes.
- Acts as liaison between MZN Construction, Inc and the client, architect, engineers, and governmental entities.
- Responsible for project close-out.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or other related field or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience.
- Must have healthcare experience, OSHPD preferred.
- Certifications in LEED, OSHA
- Minimum of 5 years experience working for a commercial general contractor required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Project Scheduling software.