Thank you for your interest in EMR -> European Metal Recycling -> Southern Recycling.
EMR, the global forerunner in metals recycling is hiring! If you're looking for a great opportunity that will allow you to enter the recycling industry we thank you for your consideration. We are currently looking for a full-time Yard Operative with forklift experience, to be based out of our facility in Lake Charles, LA.
We are a privately held company with a heritage dating back to the 1940's, employing 4,500 people operating at 180 locations around the world. We offer an excellent benefits package, dynamic company culture, and ample opportunity for professional development in an ever-relevant and growing industry. To learn more about EMR please take a look : .
Schedule: Monday through Friday, standard business hours (first shift) .
Job term: full-time, permanent position, excellent opportunity for growth and development.
Compensation & Benefits: hourly pay rate and comprehensive benefits package: health, employer sponsored life, vision, dental, matching 401k, employer sponsored health savings account and more.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- Load, unload, pack or wrap material by hand
- Identify, sort, label, move and transfer metal materials
- Ensure the quality of the metal when received and when departing; identify and report non-conforming materials
- Dismantle/disassemble or take apart insulated wiring, small electric motors, and scrap components
- Load, unload, palletize automobile wheels and batteries; organize and prepare for shrink wrapping
- Use signals, when necessary, to assist machine operators who are moving material or bins
- Ensure a clean and orderly workplace; clean and prepare sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Follow production plans and instructions from supervisors or more experienced workers
- Adhere to operating and health and safety protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of metal materials
- Excellent team player; strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills, self-starter, motivated individual
- Available to work day shift Monday through Saturday
- 1 to 2 years work experience in metal recycling environment experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in all weather elements such as, rain, snow, cold, and heat
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Please forward your resume to: (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below) Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recyling.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
EMR - European Metal Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal law.Company Description
EMR's presence in America has increased over recent years with organic growth accelerated by strategic acquisitions in key locations. We have coverage in more than 20 states with almost 2,000 employees spread across these sites. Our American operations form a crucial part of EMR's international activities.
Our core business is the recycling of metal from a range of sources such as End-of-Life vehicles/consumer products, industry, construction and demolition. We have extensive ferrous and non-ferrous operations worldwide and produce over 100 grades of high quality recycled materials which are taken to market by our substantial road, rail and shipping network.
Supporting our core activities are a range of specialist divisions including industrial clearance, total waste management, ship breaking, servicing local government service providers and cable, copper and aluminum granulation facilities. Also, through our own and our joint venture activities we are working towards becoming a zero waste company.