Work Schedule: Full-time, flexible hours between 1st and 2nd shift (7a-Midnight), available to work weekends and holidays.
Compensation: $11.00 to $30.00 per hour with the following benefits available....medical, dental (employer pays), vision, life insurance (employer pays), 401k (employer matching), disability, ample time-off (personal & vacation), paid holidays, + more.
The work of the Custodian/Housekeeper involves indoor and outdoor activities with exposure to [a] seasonal weather and the associated temperature fluctuations & [b] airborne dust, paint & housekeeping supply fumes, and chemicals used in general maintenance work. Heavy lifting of up to 70 pounds may be required at times.
Summary of Position.
The Custodian/Janitor is responsible for ensuring all physical aspects of the property are maintained and that all duties are performed safely, efficiently, and effectively. The Custodian executes duties with the highest regard for safety, aesthetic appeal, and operational functions. Performance is measured against the Company’s directive to “Only promise what you can deliver and always deliver what you promise.”
- Provide quality customer service to all residents at all times.
- Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Prioritize and complete assignments daily.
- Communicate status of projects, issues, and assigned tasks on a daily basis.
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal checklists. Suggest revisions as necessary. Checklists will include assignments such as sweeping and vacuuming, mopping, dusting, cleaning windows and mirrors, wiping and scrubbing, bathroom cleaning, power washing, appliance cleaning, and more as assigned.
- Assist with light maintenance assignments as assigned.
- Help with preventive maintenance programs.
- Special cleaning projects as assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
- Assist with parking control in lot and garages, including addressing issues of storage or maintenance of these respective areas.
- Track inventory of cleaning supplies. Report when supplies need to be replenished.
- Daily interior & exterior property inspection to be completed noting all areas requiring attention, replacement, or repair. Maintain exterior of the building, entrances, garages and all common areas to ensure they are free of trash, debris or obstacles that may pose a safety threat.
- Maintain cleanliness of carpet, wallpaper, light bulbs, ceiling tiles, doors, and hardware in all common areas. Those areas include the pools, fitness center, party room, stairwells, laundry rooms, garage, parking deck, and all hallways.
- Provide flexibility in scheduling to cover shifts of fellow team members, as needed. Provide relief to Front Desk staff for breaks, as necessary.
- All other duties assigned by Supervisor regarding maintenance, housekeeping, interior & exterior appearance, unit owner/resident customer service, or vendor/contractor relations.
Skills & Experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years previous cleaning experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with unit owners, residents, vendors, & contractors.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Priority setting skills.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently and take initiative during down time.
- Basic knowledge of landscaping, housekeeping, and general maintenance.
- Leadership: solving problems, planning, & inspiring team members.
- Communication: ability to interact & communicate effectively, efficiently, & professionally.
- Accountability: able to offer & receive constructive feedback & meet deadlines & commitments.
- Ownership: committed to the company mission, values, strategies, projects, & results.
- Team player: willing and able to assist anyone in need of assistance and/or support in order to get a project/task completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Professional: appropriate appearance, behavior, interactions, composure, language, and communication style.
- Initiative: inquisitive & willing to learn and grow; ability to take a project/task and own it; finds better ways to accomplish goals when necessary; makes certain a project/task is completely understood and confirm that understanding with the project/task originator.
- Excellent follow-through skills and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Sense of humor & good judgment.
- Last, but certainly not least, commitment, capacity & creativity.
The Coral Company is a 32 year old full service real estate firm with a business platform that ranges from development and acquisitions, to residential, commercial, and civic property management and brokerage and consulting. Our company tag line, "building. community. together", describes us well as the vast majority of our work is on behalf of property owners who look to Coral to manage their properties and to encourage a sense of community. We manage over 5 million square feet of commercial and residential space, we complete over $20 million per year in new construction, we are a company dedicated to quality, exceptional customer service, and growth, and we consider our 90 team members to be our most valuable asset. It is our corporate creed to "only promise what we can deliver and always deliver what we promise" and it is our mission "to be the premier real estate company in every market we serve". Our corporate goal is to be an exceptional company.