CNC Machinist - Lansing, MI
3RD SHIFT: 4:30PM-1:00AM
Operates computer numerical control (CNC) mill machining centers to perform machine functions such as boring, facing, and threading parts of metallic workpieces such as castings, forgings and stock by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Including but not limited to the following:
- Edit programs on CNC machines, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, basic geometry, and basic trigonometry; proving part programs. Performs self-inspection of parts and ensure they meet print specifications.
- Routinely works with the knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Must have ability to meet quality standards, deadlines and production requirements.
- Provide continuous process improvement through reduction of cycle and set-up times
- Participate in departmental continuous improvement efforts and support/implement lean initiatives.
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable MIOSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities
- Assists in setting-up CNC machines by installing and adjusting, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Responsible for Quality Control (QC) analysis to recommend adjustments.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Assists in overall department coordination and communication.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals.
- Responsible for the compliance of safety, quality and throughput goals
- Responsible for the quality of their own work and not passing on defects through the rest of the operation
- Responsible for adhering to all company work instructions that are applicable to each specific work area
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to company standards.
- Responsible for reporting daily production throughput
To perform the job successfully, an individual will need to perform the following competencies:
1. Quantity of Work
The quantity of work produced and the promptness with which it is completed.
2. Quality of Work
The ability displayed and accuracy of work produced, meeting company standards, and requiring little to no rework.
3. Judgement/Knowledge of Job
Knowledge of job, techniques, skills, equipment, procedures, materials, etc.
Punctuality and attendance.
5. Teamwork/ Attitude
Willingness and cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors; ability to accept constructive criticism.
The degree to which an employee searches out new tasks and expands their ability to perform assigned tasks without direct supervision.
7. Adherence to Policy
Follow quality environmental policies and have knowledge of AS9100 and IS14001.
8. Adherence to Safety
Follow safety procedures, security protocol, and wear proper PPE.
9. Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum of four (4) years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment or related field. Knowledge and use of measuring equipment and basic blueprint skills. Basic knowledge of CNC machine operation. A high level of knowledge of the production operations is required. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and basics of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
10. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
11. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
12. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Synergy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Synergy, we make all employment decisions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and may not be a complete and detailed list of tasks. Employee must perform any and all other duties assigned by his or her supervisor. Additionally, this job description does not constitute a contract of employment and that the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.