Job Description & How to Apply Below
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Penn National Gaming, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Your daily responsibilities include
Responsible for preparation of bi-weekly payroll for 2 or more companies, in multiple jurisdictions and union environments.
- Completes the payroll process for locations of responsibility, utilizing Kronos timekeeping and Ultimate Software. Checks figures for accuracy and necessary approvals; posts data to records for payroll processing ensuring an accurate and balanced payroll.
- Responsible for understanding the pay practices associated with the property and verifying timecard calculation is accurate, ability to research questions regarding tip calculations as it impacts the employee timecard.
- Reviews a variety of payroll source documents, identifies and reconciles discrepancies including time records and other related documents to ensure the accuracy of payroll processing.
- Review garnishments, assist with tax and garnishment team on responses to agencies and interrogatories when needed.
- Communicates with the Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes. Makes updates as necessary.
- Maintain appropriate records, files and documentation for payroll and timekeeping system and relative audits.
- Research and resolve questions as they relate to payroll information.
- Processes any special payrolls including and not limited to the annual bonus and year-end adjustment payrolls.
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end functions as needed.
- Special projects as deemed necessary by Shared Services Payroll Assistant Manager.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex, are performed under general supervision, and typically require originality and/or ingenuity.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Working knowledge of Ultipro and Kronos preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices with a strong emphasis on federal and state regulations, including multi state payroll experience.
- Must be flexible, organized and possess the ability to multitask while working under time constraints and deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are imperative.
- Must be able to work well with people and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Something to leave you with
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Position RequirementsLess than 1 Year work experience
Search for further Jobs Here: