Front desk clerks assist with all aspects of guest services and present a positive impression of the establishment. They make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services.
1. Check guests in and out of the hotel according to hotel and/or brand standards.
2. Inform guests about the hotel’s facilities, policies and procedures. Provide tourist information to guests.
3. Handle hotel phone system. Transfer calls to appropriate departments/guests. Accurately take messages for guests.
4. Take, modify and cancel guestroom reservations.
5. Deal with inquiries, requests and complaints from guests. Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests.
6. Perform cashier duties, cash traveler’s’ checks. Post phone charges and other miscellaneous charges to guest accounts.
7. Notify housekeeping and maintenance of any reported problems with guestrooms or grounds.
8. Follow in-house procedures to help ensure the security of guests and employees. Know hotel emergency procedures.
9. Maintain cleanliness of the Front Office area.
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Department schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and employees may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Employees are required to adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the hotel, including, but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain control and composure in difficult situations and exhibit good judgment.