Responsible for assisting the remote Community Manager with the homeowners' association's operational aspects. Responsibilities include providing owners with a superior level of service when visiting the facility through an increased level of understanding and knowledge regarding the Association and clubhouse offerings. Interactions are typically with HOA homeowners and Board Members in person, via telephone or written correspondence within the timelines as defined by company policy and/or Community Manager Directive.
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Maintains positive and professional communication with each owner to create, enhance and promote a friendly interaction between owners and FirstService staff.
- Maintains regular and positive communication with assigned Community Managers to create, enhance, and promote daily positive interaction among members of the FirstService team.
- Identifies and clarifies resident's needs regarding their association and/or property while maintaining owner confidentiality and keeping Community Manager informed.
- Provides New Residents with the necessary paperwork and information on being a resident in the community and gaining access to any applicable amenities.
- Ensures that the telephone is answered properly and messages are handled courteously, accurately and within 24 hours. Monitors, logs, and screens messages, providing managers with necessary details for follow-through.
- Researches homeowner account issues; prepares account change forms as necessary with all such work being completed within 72 hours of receipt.
- Initiates preparation of Management Reports, committee reports, meeting notices, and board packages as applicable and submits for Manager's review and approval within the timelines specified by the Community Manager.
- Assists in the execution of the Docuware electronic filing system procedures to ensure company policies and standards are met.
- Assists in the implementation and execution of the pre-collection process to ensure accounts are handled according to Association's collection policies.
- Provides back-up coverage for office receptionist in covering the phone system and greeting office visitors as requested and/or scheduled.
- Takes minutes at the Board of Director's meetings to provide to the manager for review within 24 hours of the meeting.
- Conducts data entry projects, as assigned, including but not limited to Homeowner Paperwork filing, and packet preparation.
- Follows safety procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
- Attends training and meetings as required and scheduled.
- May be required to conduct compliance inspections of the homes and/or condominium units in the portfolio of associations.
- May be required to finalize inspection reports to ensure they are sent out within 48 hours.
- May be required to ensure that non-compliance issues are followed up in a timely manner and in accordance with the Association policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by the Community Manager(s) and Regional Manager.
Requirements & Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Must have experience in customer service and working with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong communications, verbal and written, and inter-personal skills essential.
- Responsible for maintaining Company, Resident and Staff confidentiality.
- Telephone Etiquette; Resident Database Resources; Basic understanding of office equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
As North America’s property management leader and industry trailblazer, FirstService Residential offers an extensive selection of exciting career and personal growth opportunities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
We know that every member of our team enhances our success by delivering innovative programs and exceptional service that make a difference, every day, to those we serve. So we are highly selective in recruiting top quality professionals who demonstrate integrity, responsiveness, reliability and above all, a commitment to serving the needs of our residents and communities.
If your commitment to quality and service matches ours, we invite you to review our current career-advancing opportunities and join an amazing team!