The Institute for Bioengineering Research is currently seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher. This position will require a highly motivated individual to synthetize and develop novel polymers that can be functionalized with bioactive peptides. The project is highly cross-disciplinary and requires strong expertise in polymer synthesis and conjugated polymers. The successful candidate will synthesize and characterize novel polymers and organic macromolecules for regenerative biomaterials. A background in synthetic/polymer chemistry, chemical engineering, or closely related field is required.
80% - Research
1. PhD in Polymer Chemistry, Polymer Synthesis, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or closely related discipline.
2. Ability to effectively analyze data and communicate in both writing and orally, as evidenced in application materials and interview.
3. Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as demonstrated in application materials.
4. Experience with organic synthesis, polymer synthesis and characterization, as evidenced in application materials.
1. Strong background in organic chemistry, polymer chemistry.
2. Published peer-reviewed articles in polymer synthesis, characterization, and/or development of polymers for biomedical applications.
3. One-year minimum experience with NMR to characterize organic compounds.
4. One-year minimum experience using column chromatography for purification of organic compounds.
5. Experience in nanomaterial design, development, and characterization for biomedical applications is preferred.
6. Experience in peptide synthesis.