Job Profile Summary:
Welcome and acknowledge all guests in a professional manner in accordance with Company and Brand standards. Responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met via guest check in, check out, room reservations, changes and cancellations, guest requests, etc. Secure payment(s); activate/reissue room keys. Supply guests with directions and area information. Must be able to multi-task professionally in a fast-paced environment. Possess technical knowledge and aptitude.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include the following - Other Duties May Be Assigned:
- Adhere to Platinum Management Services, LLC. and Brand specific standards.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the property, guests and associates.
- Adhere to safety and emergency procedures and policies (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards.
- Promote the property through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of hotel information including but not limited to room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area, attractions and events.
- Be proficient in front desk/ guest service/housekeeping operations.
- Review and follow procedures to report property equipment, furnishing and supplies in need of repair.
- Review and follow procedures on Brand and Company Energy Conservation Program.
- Assist in regular inventory count and processes.
- Remove trash, tidy lobby and service areas.
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities.
- Handle guest complaints and comments efficiently and courteously.
- Count cash drawer at beginning and end of each shift. Prepare shift deposit accurately, following standard procedures.
- Send and receive faxes as needed.
- Answer the telephone efficiently and pleasantly within three rings and with correct greeting per Company standards.
- Take each available opportunity to upsell hotel services, facilities and outlets.
- Enter wakeup calls accurately and immediately.
- Process all payment types, adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Report loss prevention/security of any guest reports or theft to management.
- Report and record accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management.
- Coordinate with housekeeping department on room statuses frequently during the day.
- Coordinate with maintenance department on any guest reported or observed problems.
- Stock, the pantry/suite/gift shop.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Keep company business including but not limited to, financials, personnel, guest and customer data strictly confidential.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Proficient in English. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Professional appearance and grooming must be adhered to at all times.
- Uniforms must be worn according to Company and Brand standards.
- Ability to attend and complete job and Brand training.
- Self-starter with effective leadership skills.
- Proficient with current technologies and software inclusive of business applications.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
- Move up and down stairs, elevators and or service ramps.
- Adaptable and willing to assist other departments.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Be organized and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Have an outgoing personality.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Stand for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Hotel front desk and/or reservations or customer service experience preferred.
- High School Diploma required; College Degree is a plus.
Powered by JazzHR