Community Health Centers, (CHC) is a private, non-profit organization that provides healthcare services to insured, uninsured, under-insured, and under-served children and adults within Central Florida. We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) organization that began its operations in 1972 in Apopka, Florida. We now provide care to nearly 60,000 patients each year in the Apopka, Bithlo, Forest City, Lake Ellenor, Leesburg, Meadow Woods, Pine Hills, South Lake, Tavares and Winter Garden communities!
Our mission is simple, to provide quality and compassionate primary healthcare services to Central Florida’s diverse communities.
We offer a variety of quality services, such as: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Optometry, Dentistry, Lab, Pharmacy, X-Ray, Case Management, Gynecology, Family Planning and Behavioral Health.
As a group of highly ambitious individuals who work together to support and inspire each other in our mission to provide affordable health care to the residents of Central Florida. We look for employees who will embrace serving with respect, who strive to excel in their field, and those who are strong team players.
We currently seeking Medical Assistants for Leesburg and Tavares.
Responsible for preparing patients for interaction with provider, assists with coordination of quality patient care, lab work, administering medications and immunizations, and performing routine clinical duties as directed by the provider.
Primary Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Participates in patient care coordination, pre-visit planning, huddles, one-on-one communication, email, patient contact, and documentation of any services accessed and/or health care related concerns/needs that have arisen since last visit.
- Participate in team meetings to communicate and address patient care and operational requirements.
- May lead huddles emphasizing a team based approach to care.
- Routine clinical duties
o Answer the telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
o Collect patient history and gather information pertinent to visit; document all communication to patients and clinicians.
o Continuous monitoring of the care team's schedule, provider schedules, and patient appointments.
o Reviews charts for documentation, billing, and/or grammatical errors.
o Administer immunizations and medication as ordered while utilizing the rights of safe medication administration.
o Communicate with clinician frequently regarding patient care.
o Fax orders or prescriptions to hospitals, pharmacies, or other vendors.
o Assist patient and clinician in exam areas.
o Give treatments/procedures as directed.
o Assist clinicians with Administrative paperwork.
o Schedule patient appointments as needed.
o Label and process specimens.
o May draw blood from patients.
o Communicates to assigned supervisor/provider or leads all cases needing a higher level of intervention in a timely fashion.
o Assist with various procedures (such as EKG, wound care, VFC, and all other procedures) and participates in chaperoning as indicated.
o Perform various test (glucose, hemoglobin, strep, and all other test required and specified),
o Will perform in a professional manner at all times, by maintaining strong interpersonal, listening, and communication skills to exceed customer service expectations.
- Other duties may include:
o Monitor quality controls logs within your department.
o Track and monitors immunizations and injections; prepare monthly reports, such as VFC and Florida shots.
o Maintain supply inventories and medical stock in exam rooms and nursing station; keep secured; check expiration dates; order supplies as needed.
o May assist with Managed Care lists.
o Monitor that instruments are properly cleaned, sterilized and stored for procedures.
o Attends all training, in-service, and department meetings as indicated.
o Maintains, responds, and utilizes working relationships with and knowledge of referral sources, community resources, and collaboratively works with other departments
o Participates in the orientation of clinical support staff as requested.
- Team members in this role will need to be familiar with navigating daily tasks and workflow within an electronic health record which includes creating and updating electronic documentation using electronic tools and applications on portable computing devices, results review, order entry and clinical decision support.
- Individuals will assist in organizing the work of a provider to take full advantage of the features of health IT in pursuit of meaningful use. This includes communicating health/medical information using standard definitions, vocabularies, terminologies and/or relevant data sets as used in the organization's health information systems.
- May be expected to cross train and function within all medical disciplines (such as Family, Pediatrics, and OB/GYN).
- May be required to travel to other CHC locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School or vocational diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Medical Assistant course with valid Medical Assistant diploma, or documentation or training from other Medical Assistant courses may also be considered.
- At least one year experience in all aspects of medical assistant functions preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail, and possess a good working knowledge of electronic medical records.
- Current/valid BLS certification, or must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification, or must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment.
- Ability to deal with patients effectively in upsetting situations; able to function professionally in emergency situations.
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours and sites as needed.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
CHC EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
At CHC, we value each employee and the contributions they make to our organization. As such, we are happy to present our team members with a competitive benefit package!
Life and AD&D
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Paid Time Off
For more information on Community Health Centers, please :