JOB SUMMARY: The employee in this position is responsible for providing individual, group, couples, marital and family therapy to Center clients as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Intake assessments clinical diagnosis, obtaining authorization, developing treatment plans, advocating and referring consumers to appropriate resources, documentation, participating in staff meetings, and presenting to community groups.
- Accurate, timely, and professional documentation is key to this position.
- The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity compliance.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.
- Willingness to abide by the company’s published rules and regulations
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Therapist shall, without limitation, perform the following responsibilities:
- Conduct intake assessment interviews with clients to obtain individual and family histories, assimilating pertinent information regarding the client’s experiences and levels of past and present psychosocial functioning.
- Provide a clinical diagnosis based on the assessment information.
- Obtain appropriate authorization as needed for communication with external sources as well as with client’s significant others/family.
- Obtain pertinent information from collateral sources as needed (school, medical, DCF, GAL, legal system, outside provider, etc.).
- Collaborate with the client to develop a formal treatment plan as a guide for the course of treatment (goals, objectives, and projective time frames of treatment, interventions of treatment to be used and the criteria to be used to evaluate the success of treatment) based on the assessment and diagnosis.
- Provide therapy as indicated and coordinate other activities as necessary to ensure that the treatment plan goals and objectives are met.
- Provide advocacy and referral services for clients when appropriate, both internally and externally.
- Explain test results and diagnostic issues to clients when utilized as part of treatment.
- Document in session contact as well as client telephone contact, noting client progress or lack of progress toward fulfillment of treatment plan goals and objectives.
- Maintain Center records in accordance with stated policies and procedures, including compliance with Medicaid standards.
- Participate in staff meetings and formal records review (peer review) functions as necessary or required.
- Offer presentations to community groups, and participate in staff in-service training programs as the need arises and as assigned by the Program Supervisor or Program Manager.
- Perform such duties, responsibilities, and special projects as may be assigned from time to time by the Program Supervisor or Program Manager.
COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM) required for an employee to be successful.
- Serving Our Consumers: Effectively meeting consumer needs, building productive consumer relationships, and taking responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Consumer Focus: Building strong consumer relationships and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Values Differences: Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Age Specific: Assessment, Developmental Stages, Diagnoses, Treatment Planning, Psychosocial and Psychotherapy Interventions, Enhancement of Family Involvement, Medication Issues
- Basic Job Readiness: Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability, Responsiveness
- Personal Effectiveness: Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Self-Management, Critical Thinking Skills, Problem Solving Skills, Customer Focus, Empowerment/Advocacy
- Organizational/Management: Compliance, CQI, Commitment, Leadership, Linking/Networking, Management of Information, Organizational Participation, Safety
- Effective Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Continuous Improvement: The ongoing process of achieving positive changes in service and processes in order to improve efficiency and quality.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Expertise: Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or knowledge within their field of practice.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING: Utilizes established corporate policies and procedures in making decisions. Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work or counseling. Licensed or license eligible under F.S. 490 or 491, or Registered Intern.
- Experience: Minimum of two graduate level practicums/internships, or equivalent job experience.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Completes all requirements according to Individual Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually. Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due to evolution of programs.Company Description
LifeStream is a behavioral health and social services organization that provides high-quality treatment, education, care management, rehabilitation, child welfare, primary care and homeless services to children, adolescents, and adults. Located in Central Florida, LifeStream primarily serves the residents of Lake, Citrus and Sumter Counties, with additional programs located in Orange, Marion and Hernando Counties.