Business Analyst Procom is seeking a Business Analyst in London, Ontario with strong interpersonal skills. This is an onsite communication-based project with one of our clients in the public sector.
Business Analyst Job Details
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst to partner with Business, IT, QA, and Project Sponsors. The candidate will assess, research, analyze and document business and systems needs in order to deliver business services to sponsor/stakeholder. The business analyst will report to the Project Manager within the Information Technology department.
The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build positive rapport with customers, business teams, external partners and internal project partners. We expect the business analyst will be comfortable with public speaking and presenting to an executive level audience.
Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Lead business requirement gathering workshop with different stakeholders such as internal staff, related client departments, external partners and industry professionals.
- Document business requirement specifications and communicate the impact of business process changes to the rest of the team.
- Be the functional subject-matter expert with in-depth knowledge of the complex billing and exceptions, advanced metering and energy data analytics to support design and development of high value customer services.
- Ensure requirements are in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Analyze system problems and identify opportunities for improvemen.t
- Conduct a gap analysis between "AS IS" and "TO BE" states of the system.
- Create direct communication channels with software developers to get the job done with minimal managerial interjection.
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports that are delivered to developers and then follow-up on all results.
- Assist QA team with creating test cases, lead QA effort to ensure the correctness and completeness of the final product to match the original requirement.
- Work with/contribute to/develop content to be included in customer outreach programs and campaigns.
- Being instrumental in regular stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated on project progress.
Business Analyst Mandatory Skills
- University engineering degree in a related field
- 5+ years of relevant/associated work experience
- Good verbal communication & documentation and writing skills
- Ability to drive stakeholder meetings, business blueprint workshops and solution demonstration
- Strong experience of customer engagement solution, user testing
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) processes and Agile methodologies
- Experience in liaison with senior management, business stakeholders and external agencies
- Experience in preparing detailed reports and analyses and delivering presentations to different stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution
Business Analyst Start Date
Business Analyst Assignment Length
3 month initial contract.