HR Pals was founded by former Human Resources Executives in response to the challenge we heard from business owners who were asking for a more responsive, cost effective and qualified alternative to their traditional in-house HR department and the expensive recruiting firms they were using. So we built a better model, an outsourced and virtual solution, to help business leaders and HR departments meet their HR and recruiting needs with a high-quality service at an affordable price.
- We are a team of HR, Payroll, Compliance, and Recruiting experts with multi-industry and multi-state experience
- We believe that every organization has unique needs, so customize each engagement around the needs of the client
- We strive to create a client-focused experience that feels like we’re an embedded part of your team, as opposed to feeling like an outsourced vendor
Due to the great reception our services have received in the marketplace, our HR practice has tripled in size over the past three years.
The Sr. HR Generalist supports a group of 5-10 of our clients across multiple industries. In this role, you will partner with our HR Director to support day to day HR operations and be the primary point of contact for the client's employees with regards to HR.
The successful candidate will have 5-10 years of HR experience, preferably in a client-facing environment, the ability to multi-task, a strong attention to detail, and top-notch communication skills (both written and verbal).
This is a remote, work from home position. However, we prefer that the candidate be located in Southern California.
Although there is inherent schedule flexibility built into the role, it is expected that the Sr. HR Generalist be on call and available to clients as needed. Although this typically involves working during business hours, on occasion the person in this role may be asked to support client needs early in the morning or evenings. It is imperative that clients feel supported and that they can contact the Sr. HR Generalist at any time and get a very quick response (ideally immediately, but no greater than 4 hours). Customer focus and responsiveness is a must in this position.
Essential Job Functions (As a Consultant to our Clients):
- Manage the overall administration, coordination and execution of the HR function for each client
- Ability to be flexible and willing to take on a variety of assignments, depending on the clients specific HR needs. Our clients expect us to be a full-service HR department that handles all aspects of HR for them, so having a “can-do” attitude with regards to fulfilling client requests and needs is a must. Seek out support from the HR Director if unsure how to fulfill a request
- Handle all hands-on, tactical needs in all HR functional areas, including payroll for some clients
- Make well researched decisions and counsel consistently and appropriately to management and team members to maintain a productive and positive work environment and achieve optimal performance. Where appropriate provide options to clients for alternative courses of action
- Educate and advise management and team members with regard to employment laws, HR policies and procedures and state and federal laws
- Partner/advise management on the resolution of employee relations, corrective action and performance issues
- Provide ongoing performance coaching and feedback to leaders regarding issues of communications, management style, employee interactions, career and leadership development, corrective action and conflict resolution
- Mediate employee disputes, ensure proper documentation is followed, and corrective actions are implemented
- Partner with HR Director to investigate allegations of harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, improper conduct and other matters
- Partner with HR Director to provide consultation and guidance to management regarding compensation and benefits, including incentive plan design, management of health benefits broker, and salary benchmarking
- Ensure compliance as it relates to federal and state labor laws. Identify potential legal risk to the client and make recommendations on next steps to minimize risk and ensure compliance.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with all team members
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated track record of establishing relationships and earning credibility and respect with client groups. Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related field with 5+ years of successful HR experience in multiple industries. Strong consultation skills and proven track record in a client facing, matrixed role, including the ability to influence leaders to align people processes and practices with business objective. Expert knowledge of California and Federal labor laws and comfort with HR systems/technology are a must!
Powered by JazzHR