The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for performing purchasing and inventory-related duties under the direction of the Purchasing Manager to maximize ROI. Besides solving day-to-day inventory issues, the main objective of this role is to further structure and optimize the supply chain planning by analyzing, evaluating and detecting improvement potential.
This position will work closely with the purchasing manager, as well as accounts payable, operations, sales, customer service and the warehouse to ensure adequate stock of goods.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: Purchasing, Inventory Control, Vendor Relations, Accounts Payable and Operations.
Compensation depends on experience.
- Analyze historical data of 2500+ SKUs and forecast based on sales, upcoming deals,
- Prepare purchase orders for assigned items/vendors
- Communicate with suppliers to confirm stock level, follow up on delivery dates, coordinate with company driver for local pickups
- Coordinate with warehouse on all purchase order delivery discrepancies
- Assist buyers with projects/tasks as needed
- Minimum one year experience within purchasing or sales
- Knowledge of inventory tracking and analysis
- Thrives in a fast-paced, time-sensitive atmosphere with tight deadlines
- Is highly organized and able to multi-task within a growing work environment
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
Altatac, Inc. is an established e-commerce company located in the fabulous Arts District, just outside of downtown Los Angeles. We specialize in consumer electronics, fashion and outdoor & tactical gear. Check us out at (Please contact us using the "Apply for this Job Posting" box below)!