T. L. Shield & Associates, Inc. is a fast growing elevator company with over 30 years in the industry. If you have experience working as an industrial maintenance mechanic, electrician or elevator mechanic then your the optimal fit for T.L. Shield & Associates, Inc.
Duties and responsibilities
- Read blueprints to determine the equipment needed for installation or repair
- Knowledge of electronics
- Install or repair elevator doors, cables, motors, and control systems
- Locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, and control systems etc.
- Use test equipment, such as ammeters, voltmeters, and other test equipment considered tools of the trade to diagnose problems
- Adjust counterweights, door mechanisms, and safety controls
- Test newly installed equipment to ensure that it meets specifications
- Comply with safety regulations and building codes
- Ability to communicate effectively with good time management skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified Elevator Technician degree or Elevator Mechanic License
- Industrial/Electrical/Mechanical field, technical diploma or related field, or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience.
- Physical Requirements Must be able to climb, crawl, stoop, climb ladders, and walk beams. Must be able to lift and carry tools and materials weighing in excess of 50 pounds and be able to raise and carry with assistance items weighing 200 pounds. Must be able to work from high ladders and scaffolding. Must be able to work safely in close proximity to moving and working equipment.
- Work Environment May work in dusty and dirty places such as elevator shafts, and pits or other mechanical spaces where temperatures may exceed 100 and equipment may be oily and greasy.
T.L. Shield & Associates, Inc. is an is An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Company Description
T.L. Shield and Associates, Inc. is the preeminent elevator company established over 30 years ago. Our products are innovative and cost effective. With implementation of cutting edge technologies, T.L. Shield & Associates are leaders in the industry and is growing exponentially. Our services include design, manufacturing, installation and service. Our markets include commercial, residential, and the private sector. Our team members work collaboratively that allows for a positive experience not only for our employees, but for our customers as well.