Viscient Bio is an early stage startup focused on utilization of 3D cell culture models for drug discovery across therapeutic areas. Our initial focus is on understanding the disease biology of NAFLD and NASH in the 3D context in order to discover novel targets and develop new therapies.
We are seeking a skilled Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to assist with cell assay development and interrogation of disease biology to support target identification and drug discovery. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and highly flexible in the dynamic environment of a startup and committed to generation of high-quality data.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Assist in the development and optimization of 3D primary cell-based assays
- Conduct critical biomarker and proliferation assays
- Support advanced next generation sequencing efforts
- Maintain detailed experimental records via ELN entries
- Present and explain data results and conclusions at team meetings
- Interact with CROs to assist with oversight of external studies
Skill and knowledge requirements:
- Extensive cell culture experience required (experience with primary cells, co-culture systems and/or 3D cell culture models preferred)
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of gene and protein expression techniques desired (ELISA/MSD, qRT-PCR, NGS, IHC)
- Experience with high-throughput screening assays and automation is a plus
- Ability to independently execute experiments and perform data analysis
- Strong organizational and documenting skills with keen attention to detail