The responsibility of the Terminal Operator III is to be a leader at the terminal with the hands-on operation of the terminal equipment and daily operating functions. The Terminal Operator III will demonstrated ability to perform all responsibilities of Operator I and II positions. This position should also demonstrate an understanding of preventative maintenance practices and have maintenance experience. The Terminal Operator III acts as local site contact and fills in for the manager when necessary. This position also participates in conference calls, directs and schedules employees, assists in budget preparation and forecasting, supports other Continental Cement operations as required.
The Terminal Operator III will be responsible for the loading of bulk trucks in a safe, efficient and timely manner designating which silo is utilized. The Terminal Operator III will also ensure that each load is completed to the customer’s specification within legal limits, performing quality checks and providing excellent service to customers, processes bill of ladings, verifies the accuracy of paperwork, interprets and understands readings on equipment instrumentation panels (capable of making PLC programming decisions), manages inventory and vendors, participates in formal and informal training programs to broaden both technical and soft skills, cross trains in activities, participates in team environment.
Additional key responsibilities are the safe, proper use and operation of loading and unloading equipment (compressors, vibrators, blowers, pumps, front-end loader, man lifts, railcar mover, air valves, pneumatic door opener, boot lifts, hoisting equipment, etc.) The Terminal Operator III must have solid Industrial Mechanical skills, as he/she will be performing routine maintenance on pumps, compressors, valves, and actuators, preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment.
The candidate for this position must adhere to company safety policies and perform work in a safe manner and be dedicated to open communications to continuously improve Continental operations with a goal of ZERO Lost Time Accidents, Medical and First Aid Incidents. Other key functions of this position include cleaning all areas of the terminal and grounds (5S), and obtaining daily/weekly samples. Assist at other Continental Cement locations as required, assist in the training of new hires, generate reports, remain compliant with internal control procedures, communicating deviations from established standards and performs all other duties and functions required by terminal management associated with the operation of the terminal so long as those duties do not present a hazard or violate any known governmental law.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to work a rotating 12 hr. shift up to 7 days per week. Overtime and holidays as necessary; ability to work alone at night without immediate supervision.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook etc.)
- Employee supervision and scheduling
- Budget and financial understanding
- Demonstrated understanding of preventive maintenance practices
- Must Pass (4) WorkKeys Tests: Applied Technology, Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents
- Ability to lift 75 – 100 pounds on a regular and repeated basis
- Ability to safely operate, read and comprehend safety and operating instructions
- Ability to bend, use broom, shovel, spade, work at heights up to 200 feet
- Ability to work in extreme heat and cold, in enclosed areas, such as barges, dust collectors and pump pits
- Ability to work in noisy and dusty conditions, to operate forklifts and tractors for cutting grass
- Pleasant and positive attitude working with co-workers, customers, and the public
- Travel: 10-20%
At Continental, cement is our business. We started making cement in Hannibal, MO, in 1903 and are the proud producers of high quality cement that has been used in many iconic construction projects, like the Empire State Building and the Panama Canal. More recently, our cement has been used in the Minnesota Vikings’ new football stadium and the St. Louis Cardinals’ newest baseball stadium. CCC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Summit Materials, Inc.