21st Century Youth Development Professional
Our mission is to inspire & enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize & develop their full potential as productive, responsible & caring citizens.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The 21st CC Youth Development Professional provides direct supervisor of members and is responsible for the implementation of programs and activities in alignment with the 21st Century Grant.
· Create a Club environment that supports and facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes in Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, and Good Character and Citizenship.
· Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
· Provide on-site supervision to members to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
· Maintains a positive outlook and attitude with members, and provides constructive feedback on their efforts and progress.
· Assist members in building conflict resolution skills and teaching them to accept responsibility for their actions.
· Ensure the 5 Key Elements of Positive Youth Development and the Youth Development Strategy are applied to all programs.
· Implement programs for members.
· Recognize club members for program participation and achievements.
· Promote day-to-day program participation.
· Maintains records to track attendance and participation.
· Help maintain a clean and welcoming facility.
· Travel between clubs and the admin office for trainings and meetings.
· All other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements of the Work Environment
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and loud environment.
· Ability to continuously move around the Club.
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to navigate stairs (if located at our Parkland Club).
· High School Degree or equivalent.
· Experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization which includes the supervision of youth and the implementation of programs/activities preferred.
· A passion and a strong understanding of the Boys & Girl Club mission.
· An understanding of the needs and interests of young people.
· Ability to maintain a positive, friendly, and cooperative attitude in the workplace.
· High ethical standards.
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to deal effectively with members, including disciplinary problems.
· Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal staff and external contacts.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. All offers of employment are contingent upon successful outcomes of a background check and drug screen.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.